Wilcox Garage was founded in 1937 when original owner, Lee Wilcox, decided to open his own towing business. In the earlier years, Wilcox Garage was a full service repair shop for automobiles, as well as heavy trucks. Along with repair work, the garage was also a Studebaker dealer, as well as a dealer for Alumacraft boats.
Roger Wilcox grew up in the business that his father started, and he began going on calls at an early age. When he graduated high school in 1955, Roger purchased his own new tow truck and joined his father in business. The business was turned over to Roger in 1972, where he continued to build it over the years and move it in a different direction with the addition of hydraulic crane service.
Like Roger, his grandsons Tyler and Zach Alford also grew up in the business, riding in trucks with Roger and learning from him. In 2014, the business was incorporated and passed hands to the next generation. Tyler and Zach have continued to build the business and have opened the doors to new opportunities with the addition of a rotator in 2017.
Over the years, Wilcox Garage has gone through a variety of changes, but we continue to offer the same quality, professional towing and recovery services to our loyal customer base. We are fully licensed and insured, and continue to work out of the same convenient location on Route 224 in Willard, Ohio.
Founder, Lee Wilcox, with his first tow truck